en nl de
Inloggen Aan de slag

3D Export Option Consideration?

1 reactie 10 keer gelezen

Hi all! First of all let me just say that this is an absolutely amazing piece of software already. I seriously commend everyone who has worked on this project! 

I was wondering if there has been any consideration for allowing users to export geometry in a 3D file format. I would assume STL would be the easiest, but there are plenty of others. Personally I'd be interested in the ability to export just the landscape geometry for simplicity. 

I ask because I've been having fun designing a Z scale suitcase layout. I was originally planning to use if for ideation only, but I'd occurred to me that in this size, I could 3D print the skeleton of the layout I've designed which would be a game changer in terms of time savings! 

1

1 reactie

That is a fun idea. Not everything is possible, copyright wise, but exporting the landscape could be a function. It would require some work though. I can make it into a featurerequest to see how many people are interested.

There will be an other feature soon: building your own buildings. It will let you build custom 3D buildings in the editor right on your layout with WAZO - a new Sketchup-like 3D tool. WAZO will have an option to make models 3D printable.


Meld je aan om mee te praten.